Wednesday 7 January 2009

Gladstone Park has stones; is glad.

It was a cold, murky, black & white sort of dawn. Not so much as a sniff of sunrise. Nothing but a firm pre-established and granite-like resolve to run could have got me out of bed. All too often, if I'm not 100% committed to a run the next morning when I go to bed at night, it just doesn't happen. 

The first half mile was particularly horrendous today. Subzero air in your lungs is just not what you want during sudden physical exertion within the first 15 minutes of being awake.


The stones of Gladstone park.














Naked lady statue attempts to wash herself unconcernedly in the frozen lake.



Someone carved a tree



With a determined effort to move faster, I managed the 5 miles in 35 minutes. Covering a mile in 7 is exactly where I want to be. It's going to take some work to maintain that, however.  I'm going to try and keep the speed up over an 8 mile route tomorrow.



No comments:

Post a Comment