Wednesday 14 January 2009

Pre-Emptive Abort

Argh - no run this morning. It was deliberate though. I really started hurting on yesterday's canal run, but the pain in calves and shins was gradually growing from about Friday, so I don't dismiss it as a one-off.


Not my calves.

As I've never maintained six runs per week, the unexpected is to be expected, but my desire to not develop an injury is enough for me abandon my six-days resolution without hesitation. What I suppose I'll have to do is run four times weekly with a short-run / long-run / rest-day pattern just to ensure my muscles have sufficient time to recover. This is far more on a par with how I've more habitually run in recent years. A far more familiar formula.

I just need to shake the feeling that I'm wimping out...

1 comment: