Saturday 17 January 2009

Running, Resting and Resenting

Quite bad leg pain today. My calves were fine but my shins were worse than ever. They don't seem to correspond directly to the symptoms of shin splints, but they are painful. I set out for a longer run today, but had to cut it short, managing only three miles.


I sustained a sub-7.5 min/mile over the six and a half miles to Regent's Park and back two days ago. I was hoping that the day's rest I've had in between each of my last three runs would have been enough. Evidently not. Thursday was tolerable, but today just wasn't happening.


Regent's Park was nice, though. Always a pleasant park to run in. I haven't been there for perhaps as long as six or seven months.

1 comment:

  1. Just caught up on the running blog Seb - gutted to hear about your injury. I've done pretty well this week staying at my sister's up north. It's been a good opporitunity to run 'properly' and not stuck inside the gym. Hoping to keep clocking up the kms next week. Thanks for doing the conversions!

    ReplyDelete