Monday 2 February 2009

Ice Age: Part 4 - Traction Control

I owed it to myself to venture out by bike.
http://picasaweb.google.com/sebdick/LondonUnderSnow


Snow thieves had already targeted the railing to which my bike was locked. Unfortunately they'd failed to finish the job by cleaning by bike at the same time.

A number of people on the quieter and more snow-covered streets around our neighbourhood observed how brave I was setting out on bike, to which I would reply suavely with "You noticed." It was actually really quite safe. The few skids I undertook were deliberate and controlled. And stylish. Salty slush coming up of the road was the biggest obstacle. Fortunately I was dressed for the occasion.


Exhibition Road. My department was a bit of a ghost town - not unexpectedly. The ride in and out was still definitely worth it.


Judicious salting had cleared a path through Hyde Park. It didn't help cyclists, as that's where everyone was walking. Not that there were any cyclists at all besides me.



I'm back in now for an attempt at productive study. There is the offer of a snow ball fight later on which might be entertaining as the snow is still coming down unabated.

It's most unusual to find everyone chilling out in the apartment at the same time.

"We should have these snowy days more often," says Rob.
Posted by Picasa

No comments:

Post a Comment