Tuesday 3 February 2009

Ice Age: Part 5 - Paradise Lost

"I stumbled upon what I thought was a mass grave of snowmen...

It turned out to be a carrot field."

Milton Jones          



No more snow overnight. Freezing temperatures left the carnage of yesterday solid underfoot.



Primrose Hill was a contender with the Heath for run-of-choice yesterday. It was quite the abandoned battle-ground this morning, strewn with the corpses of improvised sleds. It lent itself well to a lovely sunrise, however, and I'm glad I took the opportunity to experience the less-frequented parts of the Heath in their paradisaical virginity.


Transport networks are back online near enough in their entirety, though cycling on crunchy ice will be less appealing and more hazardous than snow. I imagine the gritters will promptly vanquish a substantial amount of the lingering ice on main roads, however.

 <.Gratuitous west country accent>
Yarr, I loves the taste of salty spray, so I does, me hearties.
 <./Gratuitous west country accent>


Things were still really quiet quiet for what is normally the raging rush hour. Though regular running will shortly resume, I'm going to hang on tenaciously to the memory of yesterday's magic tranquility.

More pics on Picasa.
Posted by Picasa

1 comment:

  1. Ooh...Primrose looks gorgeous with all the snow at sunrise. Good choice for a running route.

    ReplyDelete