Tuesday 10 March 2009

Lost My Vibe

I've been running sporadically over the past two weeks, but with hardly the level of intensity I was hoping to be riding with less than three weeks remaining.

It's been a combination of factors, really. I was quite ill during the week following the last run I posted. I was in fact coming down with the lurgy on the day before that run. It took me a while to get running again, but unfortunately the aftermath of getting rather ill was getting rather busy - busy not least with a job interview, amongst other things. I've been having to get into college quite early in the mornings, just to handle the volume of work (I've spending large amounts of time in the workshop) and when I'm working so hard I struggle to get to bed promptly enough to get up that bit earlier. What's more, when I do get to bed early, I need the extra sleep.

Things are going to get only worse over the next few weeks as exams and coursework deadlines draw only nearer. I had, however, a very successful week all round, last week, and feel I can muster enough determination to wedge some final decent training into my routine.

I've had a few very good runs lately, however. Next post for those, I think.

No comments:

Post a Comment