Wednesday 21 January 2009

Write-off

I did a two mile run yesterday. Even that was enough to get the legs smarting. I've written off all further attempts until Saturday's group run, where I will shoot-up enough painkillers before running to get me through regardless.


This really is quite unfortunate and highly detrimental to a training routine that was meant to be getting into its stride by now!

I did a ten mile bike ride instead this morning. I averaged 20mph on my first lap of Regent's Park. It's nice to know that decent cardio in the mornings is still well within the scope of my current routine. Unfortunately I won't really be able to go anywhere other than Regent's Park, as the roads are always horribly packed in the mornings.

Here's wishing study legs for Saturday's run. We've had a lot more commitment for it this time, so hopefully we'll be able to make it a good one.

1 comment:

  1. This morning was brilliant! I had so much fun, especially on the downhill part...

    ReplyDelete